A couple of nights ago I washed and deep conditioned my hair then decided that I wanted to wear it straight. Avoiding using too much heat I blow dried (skipped the Fhi iron) my hair until smooth using the one with a comb attachment then did a basic set using the purple flexie rods. After tossing a turning all night due to how tight I did my rollers I was pleased to see the smooth, bouncy curls I unraveled in the morning. It was so big and full, felt like I was channeling Dianne Carol as I left for work. And then it hit me, It's humid as HELL out here and it's about to rain!

The #1 rule to straightening natural hair is: pay attention to the weather!! No matter how much product you use, mother nature will win. This is what happens when you don't take in o account your three block walk from the car to your job:





Hot....





MESS!

Yes, this is how I looked when I got home from work. No, I did not exaggerate my hair for this picture. No, I had a big meeting that day so I could not stay in my cube all day and Yes, I know it wouldn't look so bad with just a headband instead of two bobby pins and a clip from the bottom of my purse.

Lesson Learned! oh and excuse the bathroom, I'm getting rid of the wallpaper this weekend, yuck.

5 Comments

5 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    LOL! Thats a lesson well-learned! LOL! This is the funniest post!

  2. hahahhahahaahah!!! lol! girl, i'm cracking up laughing @ u! funny post

  3. Court says:

    ROTFLMBO!!! This is too funny!!!!

  4. Danette says:

    Lol! Lesson learned friend, with your Shug Avery, Ceily combing her hair look, lol!

  5. Unknown says:

    ahhhh. Gotta luv black hair. hehehe

Post a Comment