Products I LUV

Sunday, May 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM Posted by Laverne Labels:

Thought I'd share a few products I'm loving right now...


1. Pure Coconut Oil is a light oil often used for cooking. I love this after a shower on my elbows and knees. It's also great for a mid-day spruce up for my curls. Along with it's delicious smell it's hailed has the best dry scalp treatment money can buy.

2. OK, so I'm not 100% on Carol's Daughter products but i do like the hair smoothie conditioner. It's great for deep conditioning and has a great smell that last with you all day.

3. While my husband and I were browsing through LUSH getting sold on every product by the 'world's best' salesman we found Flying Fox body wash. Neither of us are big on fragrances in soaps and detergent but this one won us over. It smells like pure honeysuckles, yet not too floral, and works on both men and women. Love, Love, Love the scent and the second hand aromatherapy I get when my hubby uses it.

6 Comments

6 Responses so far.

  1. Danette says:

    It took me a minute to start feeling the Carol's Daughter products, but I have terribly oily skin and I was getting so frustrated with spending money on products and getting lackluster results. I used the hair milk and hair smoothie while my hair was natural and I like the Ectasy body bar, so I decided to try the Wash Away the Oil face products and I have been pleased thus far. It does indeed wash away the oil. You know how humid it is down here and with previous products, I'd be oily by noon. But with this product, it controls the oil all day. I've been using the system for a month now and am more than pleased, it's surely a product I LUV right now!!!

  2. No matter what I tried, my pores were always clogged. I'd go through a whole box of Biore strips in a week, only to be left with clogged pores and sticky residue on my face--double whammy. Right now, I LUV "Bliss" Steep Clean pore purifying mask. The exfoliants are gentle, it gets the job done, and there's no sticky residue when you're done. It's quite addictive.

    I also LUV the "Satin Lips" Lip Mask from Mary Kay.

  3. K.Monique says:

    I am a huge fan of coconut oil! I don't really use it on my scalp per se, but it works extremely well on my skin. You should look into sweet almond oil. I usually add it to my conditioners. As far as Carol's Daughter is concerned, my faves are the Jamacian Punch Body and Bath Oil (LOVE the scent!), and the Mimosa Hair Honey. Mimosa works really well on my curls when it's humid outside!

  4. Laverne says:

    Thanks for the sweet almond oil suggestion K.Monique. I'm still trying to find my favs in the Carol's Daughter product line. As for facial products, as old school as it sounds, I really like Mary Kay Time wise. I've tried others in particularly Clinique (sp?) and did get the results I like getting from Mary Kay. I will be test out a plethora of new products this summer so I'll make sure to post my reviews.

  5. Dancergirl7 says:

    For my new natural hair I am LOVING Uncle Funky's Daugther products. It's a shop here in Houston (Rice Village) but I think they have online stuff too. The Supercurl moisturizes and define even the tightest curls. Good Hair is the icing on the cake that tops it off with shine. Everything I've tried from them has worked wonders! I love it and won't use anything else. After using Carol's Daugther and now Uncle Funky's I realized how much moisture was lacking and how much better my hair looks. Love it!

  6. N.D'zigns says:

    I've heard so much about coconut oil. I'll definitely have to add it to my repertoire. I also like shea butter, Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap, Oyin Handmade products, and Eco-Styler Gel w/Olive Oil. The Eco-Styler really makes your natural curls snap, crackle and pop! :o)

Post a Comment