I decided to try flexi-rods on my natural hair this weekend and here's the process and products used by my stylist:


Step 1. washed with Miss Jessie's Creme De La Curl and Creme De La Curl.

Step 2. deep conditioned with Miss Jessie's Recovery Treatment as I sat under a steam dryer.

Step 3. Detangle and curl hair using blue flexi-rods in spiral pattern . The stylist used a little foam setting lotion to help hold the curl and papers for smooth ends.

Step 4. Set under dryer for 1 hour until hair was dry. Curls were a little soft so she lightly spritz them.

Step 5. Separate curls by dividing each curl into 3 to 4 sections. This gives your look volume and allows you to hide any parts created by the rollers. The stylist placed a small about of Miss Jessie's Buttercreme on her fingertips as she was doing this to add moisture.

This is supposed to last 1 week, 2 if I am careful when I sleep. Throughout the week I will sleep with a bonnet cap or satin pillow case. You can finger curl any curls the are getting frizzy by using a light moisturizer. Just be sure your are going in the direction of the curl.

Here's the end result two days later.



I like the outcome, and this is definately a style I will rock in the winter when I can't wash 'n go as much. I also think this style will be cuter as my hair gets longer. I'm loving my natrual hair color in this picture.
As for the products used... I'm not sure what it was, maybe the shampoo, but my scalp is hella dry and flaky.

3 Comments

3 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Loves it!!!

  2. Unknown says:

    That is cute! Go girl! Your natural hair color does really stand out too!

  3. Anonymous says:

    I may have to try this style.

    Krystal S.

Post a Comment